Audi A3 Marketing Strategy
A marketing report that explores what Gen-Y consumers need from their luxury car buying experience
MEM ’13, Kellogg ’13
(All team members)
Submit A Project Proposal
In preparation for the launch of its new A3 Sedan, carmaker Audi needed to understand what customer experience elements the Gen-Y consumer demands out of their first luxury car buying experience.
- What are the non-traditional media behaviors of the Gen-Y consumer?
- Who are the key influencers that drive purchase intent for this buyer?
- What key features or amenities are most salient to driving this consumer to buy a luxury car?
The student team recommended a repositioning of Audi’s media placements and ad development to better target Gen-Y consumers. This also included changing the dealer training materials and altering the overall dealer experience. Recommendations also affect the features offered on the new A3 Sedan.
- The students performed preliminary fact-finding, which included dealer visits, test drives, and short brand perception surveys.
- The students conducted more in depth Gen-Y interviews and focus groups regarding their perceptions of car buying. Team members also attended the Detroit Auto show.
- Once they finished their data collection, the students synthesized key insights and brainstormed ideas Audi could implement.
- The students tested these ideas with real consumers to validate findings.
- They concluded the project with a final presentation to Audi senior leaders including the CMO, COO, and head of customer experience.