Below are the current curriculum requirements for the MaDE program. Additional MaDE curriculum information and forms are available on the current student resources page.
View a PDF of the MaDE curriculum with a manufacturing focus.
View a PDF of the MaDE curriculum with an industrial design focus.
Engineering Analysis and Computer Proficiency
- Gen Eng 205-1,2,3,4 Engineering Analysis
- Physics 135-2 and 135-3
- Two chemistry courses
Design and Communications
- DSGN 106-1,2 (0.5 credits each)
- English 106-1,2 (0.5 credits each)
- Gen Cmn 102 or 103
- IEMS 326 Systems Engineering and Analysis
- Mat Sci 201 Materials Science
- Civ Env 216 or ME 241 Fluids and Solids
- ME 233 Electrical Science
- One additional course from the current approved list of Basic Engineering courses
Manufacturing and Design Core
- IEMS 201 Introduction to Statistics or IEMS 303 Statistics I
- IEMS 310 Operations Research
- IEMS 305 Statistical Methods for Quality Improvement or IEMS 307 Quality Improvement by Experimental Design
- DSGN 344 Manufacturing Engineering Design
- IEMS 382 Production Planning and Scheduling
- Mat Sci 318 Materials Selection
- Mech Eng 240 Intro to Mechanical Design and Manufacturing
- Mech Eng 340-1 Computer-Integrated Manufacturing
- Mech Eng 340-2 or -3 Computer-Integrated Manufacturing
- DSGN 308 Human-Centered Product Design or Mech Eng 315 Theory of Machines - Design of Elements
- DSGN 384-1 (formerly 298) Interdisciplinary Design Project I
- DSGN 384-2 (formerly 398) Interdisciplinary Design Project II
- At least two courses must be from the list of approved MaDE technical electives.
- The remaining two courses may be any 300-level or higher engineering courses.
All students must have 18 engineering credits.
View Segal's course descriptions