A complete Master of Product Design and Development Management program application consists of:
- Completed online Application Form
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities sent directly from the school's Registrar's Offices.
- Interview with the MPD² Program Director
- Examples of professional experience and accomplishments (during the interview). The purpose of the presentation is to make your background "come alive" through the use of a presentation and/or product. Items that might be included are product descriptions, requests for funding, prototypes, samples, brochures, ads, spec sheets, patents, etc. Examples will be securely held by MPD2 and returned to the applicant once an admissions decision is made.
- Following acceptance a letter of endorsement is required in order to determine that your company understands and agrees to the time commitment of the two year program.
Acknowledgement & Verification
The MPD² program office will email an acknowledgement once it has received your application form. We will then contact you to schedule your interview at which time you are to bring your product design and development or technical Portfolio.
All written materials are to be sent to:
2133 Sheridan Rd.
Ford Motor Company Engineering Design Center, Rm. 2-316
Evanston, IL 60208
Phone: (847) 467-3372
The Master of Product Design and Development (MPD²) program uses a rolling admissions process. Applications are accepted and reviewed on an ongoing basis starting in September for acceptance to the next class.
In the most basic terms, it means that the MPD² program reviews and decides on applications as they are received until there are no openings left in the entering cohort. Admission to the MPD² program is competitive and candidates are encouraged to apply early.
Decision letters are sent out approximately four weeks after applications are received. Admission letters will be made on a rolling basis, but you aren't likely to receive a rejection or waitlist letter until late spring after the application deadline.
In view of the number of applicants and our rolling admissions process, candidates should complete their application as early as possible. After all required documentation has been submitted and files are complete, they will be sent to the review committee. Applications will not be reviewed unless all required documentation has been received.