MMM Program Overview
A Dual Degree with Value
The MMM Program works to develop whole-brained innovators by providing an analytical foundation coupled with a qualitative human-centered approach to research, problem framing and concept development.
Earning both an MBA and an M.S. in Design Innovation, MMM graduates leverage design and business skill sets to develop and drive end-to-end solutions grounded in desirability, feasibility and viability.
The MMM Program: MBA + MSDI = Whole-Brained Innovation
The M.S. in Design Innovation prepares students to innovate in a variety of spaces by using design-centric tools to find and frame problems, and to ideate and iterate solutions.
This creative and customer-driven process is a strategic complement to the analytical approach traditionally taught in business management.
- The interdisciplinary nature of MMM uniquely positions its graduates for key roles across industries, where they can drive impact through innovation of services, products and experiences.
In addition to a rigorous classroom education spanning business, design innovation and technology, the program also offers a robust variety of co-curricular, hands-on learning opportunities and field work including:
- A capstone Integration Project working with a major corporation
- An exclusive MMM studio and prototyping space with access to workshops, individual trainings, and technical support
- MMM-specific business and design competitions
- Exclusive workshops and seminars with innovation business leaders
- Opportunities to visit and work in professional design facilities, both domestic and overseas
- Access, mentorship and support from both professors and administrators from Kellogg, Segal and McCormick
Students learn how to identify, research, and solve problems throughout the entire ecosystem of a business including product development, operations management, product management and growth strategy. MMM students graduate ready to design and manage end-to-end solutions as well as work with designers, engineers, and senior strategists in order to drive impact in business and society.
The program requires two years of full-time study to complete. Our students start in June and end in June, completing seven quarters of study over two calendar years, plus a summer internship between the first and second year. For more detailed information on schedule and requirements please see Academics.
The MMM program seeks applicants who hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution and who can demonstrate technical aptitude and the capacity for analytical and creative thinking. To learn more about the diversity of student perspectives and interests within the MMM program, please visit our Student Perspective page to view student profiles, featured projects and hear their reflections through our student blog.
For MMM application requirements and admissions please visit our Admissions page.
OR Download a PDF of more information about this program through the McCormick School of Engineering e-brochure system.DOWNLOAD E-BROCHURE