Design Innovation Open House, Friday, December 6 from 5-7 pm is an excellent opportunity to network with senior and graduate design students and design industry professionals. The event will include a welcome reception and an introduction to the Segal Design Institute.
Featuring design portfolios and projects from:
- Upper level students receiving the Segal Design Certificate
- MaDE students earning a BS degree in manufacturing and design engineering
- EDI graduate students pursuing an MS degree in engineering design and innovation
- Design for America – a student group which supports human-centered design projects with local social impact
Design Thinking & Communication Project Fair, Saturday, December 7 from 12-4pm will include an open showcase of student prototypes from our freshman course, Design Thinking and Communication (DTC). An awards ceremony for the winning teams will be held from 3-4pm in the Ryan Family Auditorium, located in the Tech building at 2145 Sheridan Road.
- Featuring 60 freshman engineering teams
- Showcasing design solutions for people with disabilities
- Prizes awarded for best design and best communication