|Design Innovation Open House||DTC Project Fair|
|Fri. March 10, 5-8pm||Sat. March 11, 9:30am-4pm|
|The Garage (2311 Campus Dr.)||The Garage (2311 Campus Dr.)|
Featuring the work of Segal Design Certificate students, MaDE, EDI and DFA
|Featuring the work of 60 freshman engineering teams taking the DTC course|
Our Design Innovation Open House - Friday, March 10 from 5-8 pm is an excellent opportunity to network with Segal students, faculty, and design industry professionals. The work on display is representative of a range of curricular and extracurricular design work happening at Northwestern.
- Upper level students receiving the Segal Design Certificate presenting their personal portfolios.
- MaDE students earning a BS degree in manufacturing and design engineering.
- EDI graduate students pursuing an MS degree in engineering design and innovation presenting work from the "Interaction Design" course.
- Design for America – a student group which supports human-centered design projects with local social impact.
- From 7pm-8pm, there will be devoted time for professional networking.
Our Design Thinking & Communication Project Fair - Saturday, March 11 from 9:30am-4pm will include an open showcase of student prototypes from our freshman course, Design Thinking and Communication (DTC). The morning session runs from 9:30am-12:00pm, with an award ceremony 12:00-12:30pm. The afternoon session is between 1:30pm and 4pm, with an awards ceremony from 4pm-4:30pm. In total, the project fair will feature:
- 60 freshman engineering teams
- Design solutions for people with disabilities
- Prizes awarded for best design and best communication
Both events will be held at Northwestern's newest makerspace, The Garage.