Hire Our Students
Segal students balance their deep technical competencies with a broad understanding of the design innovation process. In each of our programs, our students gain practical experience framing and solving complex problems in teams and for real clients.
The Segal Design Institute helps place our undergraduate and graduate students in both internships and full-time jobs. Please email Kim Hoffmann at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance finding the right set of candidates for your organization.
Design, Innovation, and Product Development Skills
Our students come from a range of backgrounds, including engineering, business, and social sciences. Through our programs, Segal students gain a unique variety of skills and experiences critical for success in design innovation, including:
- a human-centered approach to framing and solving complex problems
- design thinking methodologies, including user observation, visualization, rapid prototyping, and iteration
- an affinity for building and testing, rather than talking and hand-waving
- practical client communication skills
- the ability to apply engineering concepts to solve people's needs
Recruiting Segal Students
The McCormick Office of Career Development offers a range of services to companies interested in recruiting students from Segal and the McCormick School of Engineering, including a job board and several on-campus recruiting events.
Contact their office and indicate your specific interest in students from the Segal Design Institute.