DSGN 407: Making Things
Upon completing this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the entire product realization process, from exploration of opportunity to conception through reduction-to-practice.
- Lay out a program in a formal process to assure a very high degree of success in the product development process.
- Select candidate materials from which to make the article, by optimizing among qualities that meet multiple performance requirements.
- Select candidate manufacturing processes that meet economic and parts-quality constraints.
- Validate the material and manufacturing process decisions for economic viability.
- Recognize opportunities to do continuous improvement of the article by optimizing the design based on research, and refining the material and manufacturing process decisions.
- Have a portfolio of work products developed during the course
DSGN 407 Making Things
Instructor: Steve Carr, Walter Herbst
Return to current course offerings page